Our world is governed by universal forces some of which can be explained and some that cannot. Science attempts to explain these forces with theories, laws, and such. Einstein is famous for his Theory of Relativity and Newton is famous for his 3 laws and also for the Law of Gravity.
We all grew up knowing about the Law of Gravity which in a very basic sense means “what goes up, must come down.” One of the reasons our parents told us not to jump on the bed. (I really think my parents were more worried about the bed than me breaking my head as in the 5 Little Monkeys song.)
Although we don’t think about it, Azeroth itself has certain laws that govern itself as well. Among those are the Laws of Raiding:
- Law of Mechanical Repair – If you remind everyone to repair before the raid, someone will inevitably need to repair after the first wipe.
- Law of Gravity – If you can fall off the edge, someone will, usually right before the pull.
- Law of Random Numbers – When you absolutely NEED that loot…you’ll roll a 1.
- Law of the Alibi – When you tell your raid leader you were late to the raid because you had to stay late after work, tomorrow you’ll have to stay late after work.
- Variation Law – When you give up on the pug you were just in, you’ll inevitably get in a worse group than before.
- Law of Close Encounters – The chance of wiping at 1% is inversely proportional to the chance of winning the lottery.
- Law of the Result – When you try to prove to someone that a certain strategy won’t work, they’ll do it anyway.
- Law of Logical Argument – Anything is possible if you don’t know what you are talking about. (This one needed no alteration. 🙂 )
- Law of Physical Appearance – If it’s an upgrade, it’s ugly.
- Law of Public Speaking – If you tell them to keep Vent quiet, the talkative one in your raid will speak up as to why it’s important.
- Law of Recruiting – As soon as you gear them up, they’ll leave.
- Law of Probability – The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act. (Also, needs no alteration. 🙂 )
Inspired by: I received one of hundreds of humourous e-mails from my wife the other day this time containing something on the Laws of Reality. So I Googled “laws of reality” and tried to find more. Mostly I just found the same, but they’re all over and I see no author so feel free to Google my inspiration if you so please.