Again, sorry for the wall of text, but here’s my thoughts on these notes. Maybe I’ll actually get to do something tonight other than just logging in and playing with my talent selections, but I doubt it.
- Mental Agility, Inner Focus, Shadow Reach, Shadow Focus and Shadow Affinity now all affect Psychic Horror.
- Shadowfiend: Health scaling increased. Now receives 30% of the master’s spell power. Mana return increased to 5%, up from 4%. The Shadowfiend now returns mana when its melee attacks land, rather than when it deals damage. No longer has a 75% reduced chance to be hit by melee, ranged and spells. Movement speed normalized to player movement speed. Tooltip revised. New Shadowfiend ability, Shadowcrawl, teleports the Shadowfiend to an enemy target and increases its damage done by 15% for 5 seconds. So does this mean it’s squishy now?
- Discipline I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- Holy Again, I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- Blackout: This talent has been removed. I used to like this talent alot while leveling, but when I got to raids I got rid of it because slowing down a range pull is a bad idea! So I guess I won’t miss it.
- Darkness: This talent is now in tier-1, moved up from tier-6. Wherever you put it I’m getting it.
- Dispersion: Now clears all snare and movement-impairing effects and makes you immune to them while dispersed. I’ll take it!
- New Talent: Improved Devouring Plague: Increases the periodic damage done by your Devouring Plague by 5/10/15%, and when you cast Devouring Plague you instantly deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect. Wow! Hopefully I have time tonight to try out the new spec on a training dummy. Curious as to how much this will affect my DPS. Even though single target DPS for shadow priests isn’t great, I’ve hit 2700 on sustained boss fights.
- Mind Melt: Now also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch spells by 3/6%. Yes!!!
- Psychic Horror: Has been redesigned and is now a 1-point talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 seconds and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. Instant cast. The horror effect can be dispelled, but the disarm cannot. Not a talent I currently have. Although if I go with a PvP shadow spec…hmmm. But is this better than the damage reduction?
- Improved Spirit Tap: Now grants 17/33% of mana regeneration while casting. A nice little buff.
- Shadow Affinity: Now also causes you to receive 5/10/15% of your base mana when your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch spells are dispelled. Nice, but when is my Shadow Word: Pain ever going to get dispelled? (Remember I’m talking PvE here.) And does dispelled mean actually dispelled by a caster or it just runs out? My guess is the former so again more of a PvP bonus.
- Shadowform: Now reduces all damage taken by 15%, not just physical damage. Bonus damage from critical strike chance removed and replaced by the ability of those periodic damage spells to generate critical strikes. OK, other damage is a great bonus. I need to research a little more into what the crit change really means.
- Silence: Range increased to 30 yards.
- Spirit Tap: Now grants 83% of mana regeneration while casting. Sweet!
- Vampiric Embrace duration increased to 5 minutes, up from 1 minute. PvP duration is now 60 seconds. Cooldown removed. OK, aside from the fact that this is nice, if Blizzard can make a spell act differently in PvP…why the hell can’t they just do that for everything instead of nerfing and buffing the hell out of classes so everything’s constantly imbalanced?! This note in and of itself could generate a whole post…don’t steal it! :)
- Vampiric Touch: When dispelled, Vampiric Touch will deal damage to the afflicted target. How much?
- Flint and Tinder is no longer necessary for creating a campfire. You’re just that resourceful! Hey, I just might actually make fires now! LOL!
- Greatly increased the drop rate of recipes found in pre-Lich King dungeons and raids. Time to go back to Kara…
- Several recipes in the 250-300 skill range have been rebalanced, and the reagent requirements have been reduced. I’d say thank you, but I’m already maxed!
- A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools. Crap, I know what my weekends will be like now…
- New fishing dailies are now offered from Marcia Chase in Dalaran City! Finally! :)
- The time needed to catch fish has been reduced. IT’S ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!
- You can now fish anywhere, regardless of skill. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill. That makes more sense.
- You can now fish in Wintergrasp, and the fishin’ is good! ???
- You no longer need to learn fishing from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing. This along with cooking and first aid is going to dry up some AH business.
- Northrend herbs now yield more herbs on average. Not going to complain about that.
- The time it takes to gather herbs has been reduced. Was it really that long to begin with?
Filed under: Game Dynamics