I’ve been kind of out of things this week due to my jaw absolutely killing me. OK, actually it isn’t the fact that the jaw is killing me so much as the drugs make me dizzy and staring at a computer screen is like drinking in-game. The screen seems to move in and out ever so slightly making me want to sample my lunch again.
However, yesterday I went almost all day without painkillers, but succumbed last night. Today I’m hoping that either I’m used to it enough or that I won’t have to take them at all and can play WoW. It’s a three day weekend after all!!! It’d be a shame not to try and abuse a three day weekend to a certain extent in the game. 🙂
There was a time I couldn’t imagine not playing this game. This past week away from the game I realized, I didn’t miss it all that much. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy playing, but it somehow feels different than it used to. We’ve seen a rash of prominent bloggers quit the game recently. A lot of it was due to real life and interest changes, but it also makes me wonder if there isn’t something else we’re not seeing.
My questions to you are:
- Has something in the game changed to such a point that it’s no longer the same game we grew to love?
- Have we just outgrown the game?
- Is it just boredom?
- Is it the casual/hardcore debate of raiding having gotten too easy? CC? Is that a bra size?
- Are the classes/specs so similar now that there’s no sense of identity anymore?
- Or is it something entirely different?
My main point is I have reached a point where I could walk away from this game today and not look back except at fond memories.
Filed under: Game Dynamics |