If you hadn’t noticed, since last month I’ve been in a rut. My posts haven’t been daily during the week and part of that is due to workload, but part of it has been due to another issue. As you know I hit 80 on my druid not too long ago and even ninja’d an item the other day. 🙂 So what now? For many people the answer is obvious. Gear up. The problem is, I’m bored.
Bored?! You just got another healer and you’ve always touted how much you love healing!
I’m not bored of healing. It’s just…I think I’m bored of the game…
I want to enjoy the game, and certain aspects I still do, but I’m reaching a point where it offers little challenge and therefore became boring. So I came up with a list of things I currently want to do in game to see if that could motivate me:
- Gear up the druid – Heroics are boring. Naxx is boring.
- Level another toon – Started to with mage, lock, and warrior, but if I never see Redridge again…
- Learn to tank on paladin and death knight – Tanking makes me nervous. Absolutely will not pug tank. Need people I’m comfortable with to help me out, which means primarily officers and a few others. Getting all of us together at the same time? Please recite the square root of pi and when you’re done I will have my group ready.
- Replace priest’s shadow gear – Have +140 or so hit still, but I heal just fine so not motivated. Also would like shadow gear as some of what I was using was re-gemmed and re-enchanted for Holy. I’m not a loot junkie, so once again not motivated.
- Hit gold cap – Would be really cool, but the AH has gotten really boring. I made 3k on maintenance day without trying and this is with the guy that logs in 10 minutes after me, every single time!!! And I spend a lot of it gearing up toons anyway so it’ll take forever. And since I posted my guide competition on my server has increased quite a bit. This is either a coincidence or I have guildies with alts now. And with MMO Champion’s recent Inscription Guide, I expect we’ll see a few more players soon. Time to bomb the market! <grins evily>
- Gear up pvp dps toon – Would be nice to have a pvp toon that could kill Hordies that think they’re badass, but I hate pvp. I’ll never understand the thrill of killing someone 60 levels under you. It’s like killing a rabbit…well not this rabbit.
However, the biggest contribution to the problems above is my acceptance of being content where I’m at and not being motivated towards minor improvements. But on the plus side there are other things to keep me going.
The other night was pure awesome! We had 25 guildies thrown together for an off-night Ony raid. And even though we didn’t kill her, it was still fun! Dammit for not screenshotting this.
After at least one wipe…
Mach explains what people are doing wrong in a general sense. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I was paying that much attention to have seen this, but apparently Josh felt that Mach may have come off as a little agitated. (Yeah, I know. Amber’s cranky tank commenting on someone else’s crankiness? The irony isn’t lost on me either.)
Josh provides detailed instructions for Mach to remove the stick from his ass to which Mach responds with a ‘?’. Mach denies being upset and says he’s having fun.
After a few more wipes, losing a former guildie tank that we pulled in later on, and further frustrations…
Josh vocally complains about people not paying attention, getting hit by fire, etc.
[Officer][Kyrileanthos]: Mach you weren’t supposed to give Josh that stick
Mach laughs on vent which then forces me into fits of gigglarity* off vent to which my wife starts laughing because she doesn’t know what the hell is wrong with me which only spurs the fit of gigglarity further!
It’s nights like these that keep me playing. 😀
*Gigglarity: an hilarious event causing one to giggle uncontrollably. (Yeah, you’re just jealous because you haven’t invented a word.)