Apparently the Kalu’ak Fishing Derby is headed our way in 3.3 and I can’t wait.
Wait! Did he just say he can’t wait?!
That’s right, guilty as charged! The guy who’s pissed off about progression (or more specifically the screwed up gear progression enticing people to skip entire sections of raiding) and wanting a chance to finish Uld25 or even get into heroic ToGCs, or whatever the hell they’re called, does in fact want patch 3.3 to hit as soon as possible*!!!
Holy Hell, the world ended!!!
Be that as it may I like fishing, but haven’t done it in a really long time**. I already have my fishing title and the guild still has sufficient fish feasts, so there hasn’t been much motivation…
…except for that damned turtle mount that will not drop…
…anyway now I have even more reason. According to Blizzard:
- The derby happens at 8:00pm Server Time every Wednesday. OK, a little tiny issue with raid times. Fortunately, we have several healers so if we’re running 10s I should be able to wiggle my way out of a raid now and then. But I don’t wanna!!! Crap.
- You have to be the first person to catch the Blacktip Shark and turn it in to win the Derby. Awesome! Just like the Stranglethorn Fishing Tournament…which I already won…on a PvE server…I’m on a PvP server…this is gonna suck!
- The quest giver, Elder Clearwater, is located in Dalaran. Um…OK, but isn’t this the Kalu’ak Fishing Derby? Shouldn’t the quest giver be in one of their villages? Then again I’m on a PvP server that’s got a serious Horde advantage. OK, maybe that isn’t such a good idea.
- Two item rewards. One is a ring, and one is a pair of boots.
- Winning the Derby increases Kalu’ak rep by 5000. Too bad I’m already exalted.
Oh wait! That’s right. What about the items? The boots are actually kind of cool.
- Boots of the Bay
Binds When Picked Up
Requires Fishing (200)
Equip: Increased Fishing +15. – Woohoo! Yeah, I don’t need it, but whatever.
Use: Whisks you away to the finest drinking establishment in Booty Bay. (1 Day Cooldown) – Yeah…don’t care.
The item I do care about?
- Dread Pirate Ring
Binds on Account – Awesome!
Requires level 1 to 80 (80)
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 53.
Equip: Improves hit rating by 29.
Equip: Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%. – HELL YEAH!!!
I so want that ring!!! I’m leveling 5 toons to 80. Another 5% definitely wouldn’t hurt. Come on Patch 3.3!
*Screw it! I can be pissed off all I want, but I can’t change anything so I may as well accept it and find something to do. 🙂
**I haven’t fished in months. I started fishing again on Saturday after I got my Violet-Proto Drake. The only fishing achievements I don’t have are that stupid rat and the turtle mount. Don’t really care about the rat, but both of these guys have eluded me for almost a year now. I spent the first six months of Wrath farming them…